- This song...obviously! And somebody did a great job of matching pictures to all the lyrics for that YouTube video.
- The sound of rain. Especially when I'm drifting to sleep. The heavy plop of each drop hitting the ground, and the soft splatter of raindrops on glass. Sometimes I open up the window by my bed so that I can hear the outside sound more clearly, and this lets the smell of fresh damp earth into my room. Today I learned that the name for this smell is 'petrichor'.
- Perfect nail polish. Usually I forget my nails are still wet, and I reach into my pocket, clench my fists, or run my hands through my hair. Disaster! But occasionally I manage not to do anything absent-minded, and I end up with perfectly smooth, shiny nail polish which I cannot stop admiring. My sense of accomplishment when this happens is similar to how Michaelangelo probably felt when he'd finished painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Dogs. I love dogs. They are so silly and funny - ridogulous, even. Legend has it that dogs were made when a wolf was really excited about something. One day I'd like a dog of my own, but in the mean time I just appreciate dogs whenever I see them. Sometimes I can't help giggling out loud when I see a dog being especially cute.
- A nice cup of tea. I have a tiny teapot with a matching cup and saucer. The teapot makes just enough for two teacupfuls, and has an assortment of cartoon animals, toadstools, clouds and rainbows on it. I think everybody has their favourite cup or mug that makes them feel just a bit happier than all the other drinking vessels. If you don't, perhaps you should get one!
|A cute tea set makes the tea even better!|