Monday 11 June 2012

Good news

I found - okay, John found - a great job opportunity for me to apply to. The job is a 12 month paid internship for an editorial assistant. The company produces a magazine all about babies. I love babies! And I also love writing and editing. So this job is a great opportunity. It's also fairly easy to get to - still a bit of a trek, but nowhere near as nightmare-inducing as the job in Church Crookham which would have just about killed me. This one is pretty manageable, a short train journey and then a 40 minute walk, rather than two long train journeys and an even longer walk. At least nobody can say I'm not dedicated! I'd at least have very toned legs after the first few weeks.

Anyway, the point in all this is I sent in my application at 3:30, and by 4:30 a man from the company was on the phone to me offering me an interview this Thursday! So now I'm shaking with equal parts excitement and nerves, because I really want this job and I will kick myself so hard if I mess anything up. I feel optimistic that I have what it takes to impress them, because after all, my CV and cover letter must have been good for them to get back to me so quickly.

If I do get this job, I will feel a little bit mean having to stop the volunteer work almost before I've even started it, but depending on the hours of this internship, I might be able to still offer one day a week to the charity shop. And I'm sure they would be understanding about it.

I'm all starry-eyed and crossing my fingers that I make a good impression on Thursday. John says he'll try and book the day off work so he can catch the train with me and keep me from melting into a puddle of jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment